Monday, August 11, 2008

Party, party, party!

We decided to combine Taylor and Anna Kate's birthday this time around. The girls had a great time, I think, sharing their day. It's hard to believe, but Taylor was born two months after we got married. Taylor had a wolf cake and I made Anna Kate some Tinkerbell cupcakes with toothpicks and stickers (thanks Susan for the GREAT and INEXPENSIVE idea!).

I'm not sure you can tell by this picture, but Anna Kate kept wanting to come down the water slide with Erin. They all had a blast with this thing!
One of Anna Kate's favorite birthday presents. One of her favorite people got her this...I asked her what she was going to name her new baby and she said "Allie Abigail, because she always gets in the trash!" Later she changed her mind and said "I don't want to call her a name, I just want to call her American".

Anna Kate loved this bouncy thing and her new sunglasses too. She was having a ball on this thing!
Sunday morning, we dressed her in her new Tinkerbell top with her sunglasses. Of course, she had to take her puppy with her. The puppy took a nap in Daddy's office while she was in class. I LOVE this top. I almost cried when I picked her up from class on Sunday. She had ripped a big hole in it...never fear though, a few iron on patches of flowers and butterflies and it's fixed and colorful!
One more story from her birthday presents. Nana got her some little books. One is about Lily the Mermaid. After we read them, she said "Mommy, you know what I wanna be when I grow up? I wanna be...um...mommy, can womans be mermaids?"

2 comments:

Patty said...

Beautiful baby girl! Love her pictures too. She is such a blessing to all of us who know her and get to share in her life! I'm so happy that she liked her baby--even if she did want to name her "American"--interesting name. :) I love you all so!

Beverly said...

Okay - I love all the pictures but the last one really captures Anna Kate. Diva, prima dona etc. etc. She is a doll - but then I'm a little prejudice.

--Mom