Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Birthday Girl!

This morning we all got up singing Happy Birthday to Anna Kate. She's 4 today. Four years ago today at this time I was being wheeled back for my second c-section to deliver a baby girl. I'll never forget thinking how I couldn't believe how pretty God had made both of my babies. Such round little heads, beautiful color and sweet mouths...and to think, I thought for a while we weren't ever going to have the blessing of children.

Ben was very excited for his sister this morning and Daddy went to pick up doughnuts for a yummy birthday breakfast. Ben gave her the present he got for her. It was a Hello Kitty necklace. Anna Kate had two doughnuts, or, I guess I should say the chocolate off of the top of two doughnuts. She's so much like me when it comes to food!

Happy Birthday to our princess!!!!! We love you!





4 comments:

sherry said...

Happy Birthday Princess Anna Kate from your friends-Charlee & Annie
We all love her so much. Might I add I have never seen Anna Kate look more like you in this picture with chocolate on her nose (maybe because I have seen you like this before lol) No seriously the eyes ...it is definetly you. Love ya guys, tell Ben we all said hi & have a great day celebrating that wonderful little life & blessing that God gave you!

Patty said...

Happy Birthday little princess! Praise the Lord for her little life--I remember the first time I saw her how perfect and beautiful I thought she was too...you definitely were blessed with beautiful children. Give her a hug for us and we'll see her on Friday to help celebrate her birthday. I love you all lots!!!

Beverly said...

Anna Kate:
Happy Birthday to my Girl. When I think of you it mays my heart happy -- I love you and can't wait to the big party on Saturday.
Love, Nana

Sharlene and Greg said...

Happy Birthday, Anna Kate. I love chocolate on my doughnuts too! You are getting so big - I can't believe you are 4 already. Love, The Trout's