Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Nice Visit

Scott and I met up with some good friends...almost family...in Ashland to let Ben and Anna Kate have a play date with one of their best buddies, Bryce. The kids had a ball and Scott and I had a good time of catching up with Patty and Jayme (a.k.a. Bryce's Nana and Mommy. They are from Lucasville and we became very good friends with them. We even got to stay with Ralph and Patty during the big ice storm right after we moved there. I think Patty was a little shocked when Ralph called and told her that he was bringing us to stay with them until we had heat again. That was a very scary night...Ben was 6 weeks old and it was FREEZING in our house and I wasn't sure how I was going to keep the two of us warm under covers without suffocating my new baby. Ralph and Patty graciously took two people they didn't know in and let us stay with them for a week. So, needless to say, Ralph and Patty quickly became like family for us while we were living there.


Here is Jayme's new baby. Collin is so cute and I got to snuggle with him quite a bit. I think Scott was a bit worried because he knows how I get when I hold babies. At one point, I think he even said "uh, I think you'd better give him back." I LOVE holding babies! Especially newborns!
Here is Bryce and Ben. They were being typical boys chasing all the girls and making them squeal and scream. Even though there is a slight age difference, they play so well together and love playing. They like the same things and today they were being transformers and teenage mutant ninja turtles!
And...here is Anna Kate with Bryce. She was making him shop with her in the toy store and being quite bossy. Typical little diva! Bryce was very obliging...

We are so happy we got to spend the day with them! Thanks you guys for a fun day!

3 comments:

sherry said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun, I am sure the kids loved having Bryce there & getting to meet lil Collin (isn't he adorable) and of course the best of all seeing Patty. I miss seeing all the kids together, getting ready to start Olympians back in a month, I miss ya Jennifer! Love ya, Sherry

Patty said...

Thanks to YOU all for meeting up with us. The kids were so cute together and had so much fun. We talked on the way home how strange it is how much the two boys are alike. It's fun though--they are both sweeties! Hugs to you all--hope the party goes well today. Love you all.

Jayme G said...

The kids did have a blast! I had less trouble out of Bryce that day than I have in a long time. It made me happy and sad at the same time. It was confirmed to me that we made a good decision in sending him to school (one week from today, pray for us!) but sad too because he loves your kids so much and they play together so great, but we miss you all terribly! We really need to do it again sometime! Josh says he would like to come too, I am sure he will be better company for Scott than only us ladies!!! We love you guys!