Thursday, August 7, 2008

Here he goes again...

My son...he's always trying to be truthful and help as best as he knows how. Today we went to Ashland to visit a friend since we had some wheels and I took the kids to Burger King for lunch. We came out of Burger King and there was a policeman in his car. Scott and I have always made it a point to get Ben and Anna Kate to talk to policemen or firemen. We believe they need to respect them as heroes and know that they could help them one day. I asked the policeman, "Do you care if he looks in your car?" He was very obliging and rolled his window down and then turned on his lights. He asked Ben "Do you like my lights?" Ben said "Yeah, their cool". I jokingly said "...unless they are behind mommy." The policeman said "Hey, you want me to pull mommy over?" I said "Actually, I've never been pulled over." Ben said "Yeah, we never speed. Just if we're in a hurry!" Um, could it be we need to clarify what is helpful and what is not? The policeman did say "Thanks for being truthful buddy."

2 comments:

sherry said...

Out of the mouth of babes....huh? Better watch he has yer tags now.

Beverly said...

Watch it Mommy - all eyes are upon you at least from the backseat :)
--Mom