Friday, August 1, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...

Just a few stories for you. I think my kids are hilarious sometimes but I can't enjoy the humor of what they say always until I relay it to someone else. They both become very offended if someone laughs when they are being serious so I try to take what they say very seriously.

There is a little girl at church named McKayla that likes Anna Kate and Wednesday evening she was trying to hug and hold onto her. After church, Anna Kate said "Mommy, McKayla keept hitting me at church". I told Anna Kate to tell McKayla that she didn't like it when she hit her and to please stop. Anna Kate looked at me with serious eyes and her finger pointing and said "Okay mommy. The next time she hits me I'm going to say 'McKayla stop hitting me. I don't like hitting and I'm allergic to it.'"

Ben was playing tag with some of the kids from church. He really doesn't like to lose but he hides it well when playing with peers. A girl a couple of years older tagged him and he walked over to and said "I am one slow man!"

Last one on Ben...
I try to be so careful about the games Ben plays on playstation. Friday morning, in the car he said "Mommy, when I grow up, I'm going to play the dirty games". Now, of course, I just about run off the road when he says this and I calmly tell him that as long as he lives with mommy and daddy, dirty games will not be allowed and that when he's old enough to live on his own I would like it if he would do the right thing and honor God by not playing dirty games. Now, I'm racking my brain trying to figure out where he saw dirty games...I'm completely panicked. He quickly set my mind at ease...He said with a confession type attitude "Well, mom, the other day at Nana's (imagine the horror I felt when I found out he played a dirty game at my mom's!), when I was playing hide and seek, I was in the room by the garage. I looked over and saw three pieces of watermelon in the peel in the trash can...and...well...I ate 'em". Funny thing is...I was COMPLETELY thankful that he had eaten food out of the garbage and that was what had made hide and seek "dirty".

It was very hard to suppress my laughter!!!

4 comments:

Patty said...

Jennifer, thanks so much for sharing these funny stories about the kids. I miss those little stories! And, Ben and his "dirty games"....what a hoot that boy is. They are amazing little people, aren't they? And, to think, God made them especially for you!!! WOW! Love you all.

Sharlene and Greg said...

Isn't it funny how we can be happy our kids eat out of trash cans when it could be something much worse!! Those were great stories. They need to go in a scrapbook.

Beverly said...

Well....this is one relieved Nana - it was just slightly soiled watermelon and not something that would make your toes curl!!!!!
--Mom

Mary Ann said...

I hadn't checked your blog for a bit, so I was reading a bunch of your posts. This one cracked me up! It is crazy to think something like eating garbage is better than the alternative. Just be glad it wasn't poop like Finn did recently!