Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Date Night

No, not for daddy and mommy...for daddy and Anna Kate and mommy and Ben. We've done date night with the kids in the past but it has been a while. Anna Kate kept asking me when she could have a date with daddy so we worked out a time when we could borrow a car and each go on a date with one of the kids.
When Scott asked Anna Kate where they were going she said "Kmart, Bob Evans, Wendys, the mall and Fashion Bug". They actually only went to Bob Evans to eat. Scott said that everyone was making over her, of course! Isn't she beautiful? She picked what to wear! You can't see them in this picture but she wore her plastic high heel shoes she got for her birthday from Patty!
Ben wanted to wear his suit, of course. The one from the wedding. He was all that!!!! He opened the car door for me and the door of Bob Evans. We went to the one here in South Point and Scott and Anna Kate went one in Huntington. Both of the kids said they wanted to go to Bob Evans...I think they felt like they were treating us! At least it wasn't Wendys. Ben also wanted to take me to Kohls. He said "because it's your favorite place mom", but we came home and I played football with him with tackling and the whole works (oh my aching joints!!!!!!) and then we snuggled on the couch and watched Transformers.

Something funny about our evening...we're definitely going to have to work with Ben on what to say to girls! I was writing words for him to read and I wrote bumper. He read it with no problem and told me he was smarter than me. I said, "Ben, you shouldn't say that to a date. You have to be a gentleman." He said "I didn't mean not to be a good date. I was just saying that little brains work faster than big brains!" He's a piece of work!

I think we all had fun! I hope that when our kids get bigger they remember these things. We want them to enjoy childhood and have fond memories. They are growing up so quickly and we can hardly believe that Ben is almost 6. Sometimes, watching them grow up makes our hearts hurt!

2 comments:

Patty said...

God has blessed you with such special kids--beautiful and so funny. Of course, I think He has blessed your kids with some pretty special parents too. You and Scott are doing such a great job with them--they will definitely remember the special dates and time you made for them. I love you all so!!

sherry said...

Keep training him to be a great date for Annie haha!!!!!Looks like ya had fun the special one on one will always be remembered. Love ya1 Sherry