Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday



The 20th is Scott's birthday. It's hard to believe he'll be 37. He's on a fast track to 40! I met him when he was 21. He is so different than what he was then, in such a good way. He has studied himself into this amazing husband and father. I would say the Word is what has transformed him. There have been times that he has come to me to tell me that he found something in scripture and then apologize to me for not living up to it. There aren't many men willing to do that, or women, for that matter. We'll have a little celebration for him Saturday evening with our parents. Ben and Anna Kate have a special song for him (Happy Birthday in Spanish..something from school). Then in just a few short months we'll be celebrating his graduation and then our 14th anniversary.


Happy birthday honey!!!! We love you!
Birthday message from Anna Kate:
I love you because you are special because you know me and you know everybody and you take care of us when we get scared. You do everything we want you to do and I love you!
Birthday message from Ben:
I love you dearly. And, daddy, I love you because you're a wonderful daddy and you'll always be my daddy.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Happy Birthday on the 20th Pastor Scott. You really are all those wonderful things your lovely wife said about you. :) Oh, how I miss your challenges and your insights. Have a very happy birthday on Friday! And, look at you, you get the day off for your birthday, huh? I love you all so much.

(Sorry for hijacking your blog comment section for a message to your hubby, Jennifer!--I love you so!!)

Sharlene and Greg said...

The Trout's say happy birthday to Scott! Nathaniel still remembers your love of black tennis shoes:) Hope you have a great celebration - come and see us soon.

sherry said...

Happy Birthday to the best Pastor I know!!!! we miss you all so much and I miss you messages, not only did the word change him Jennifer but he is an amazing vessel that can express the word in a way that changes others. Hoe you have a great birthday, BTW Scott step it up just a few notches and maybe you can beat me to 40. Love you all -Sherry

littletoesandcheerios said...

Tell him not to feel too old..."Fred" is 41 with a soon to be 2 yr old!!