Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Song

A couple of years ago, Scott went to a conference and brought me home a CD by the Getty's. Love them!!!! Anyway, shortly after that, we started going through some trying times and this song encouraged me. I had forgotten about it until I sat down to play the piano today (I don't have the kids) and I found it in a book. I've been singing it since I found it. I love this song!

Jesus, draw me ever nearer as I labor through the storm
You have called me to this passage and I'll follow though I'm worn

Jesus guide me through the tempest, keep my spirit staid and sure
When the midnight meets the morning, let me love You even more

Let the treasures of the trial form within me as I go
And at the end of this long passage, let me leave them at Your throne

May this journey bring a blessing, May I rise on wings of faith
And at the end of my heart's testing, with your likeness, let me wake.

I have some friends and family who are really going through it these days...the one step ahead four steps back kind of thing. Sometimes things SEEM (what we perceive) to come so easily for people. It seems like life falls into place for them and for those who have ever had major struggles, it may seem like their pit never ends. However, at the end of the testing, we will awaken with His likeness and we will have grown to love Him even more.

No comments: