Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ugliest Porch in America!!!

So, here are the upcoming projects for this spring and summer. I would like to think they will be done by summer, but I won't get my hopes up!

Here is the ugly faux stone wall! At one time, it was a garage door. They knocked out a wall and made a huge living area, which is great! However, I can't stand the "stone". I need an inexpensive suggestion! I can't afford french doors, so that's out. We are going to make a home for the garbage cans, they are just there right now for convenience. The basketball hoop will have to stay there. We use it all the time! The kids love to play out there and Scott does too.
This has got to be the ugliest porch...ever!!!!! Since we took this picture, we have started working on it. We have the rails and lattice work down. Under the porch we saw another small porch that was built with the house. I took up one of the boards of the deck to see it if looked like it was still in good shape. So far, so good! Our plan is to rip out the "deck" and clean up the existing porch that goes with the house, put some pretty rails up and plant grass in front. What do you think? I hope it turns out...I actually have been praying for it to turn out. I wish I could wriggle my nose and it all be done but, I can't. I have to remember how everything was last year though when we moved in. There was a toilet out back, the main bathroom was in horrible shape and Ben and Anna Kate were sharing a room. We really have been making progress quickly. It's just that I sit and look at it day in and day out and my list screams at me..."Finish me! Finish me!"


This definitely needs to be finished!!!!! Yuck! If anyone would like to nominate me for HGTV go right ahead! Maybe they would have pity on me!!! :-)

4 comments:

thumms said...

I don't think your porch is that bad...although, I'm not a big fan of lattice either. I know what you mean, though about wanting to get everything done! My house in VA was almost exactly how I wanted everything and now I have had to start over!

Beverly said...

One board at a time.....and if you had been married to your father patience would be your strongest asset because that's what I have to have when it comes to projects but when he finally gets them done it's good. I'm looking forward to thinking about what to do to the stone wall to make it more appealing. I hope you'll let me help.

Patty said...

What are you thinking about that stone wall? Are you going to try to match the bricks and brick it up? It's a challenge, huh? :) Have fun working on it....I'm sure it will look great--you have an eye for things like that.

Sharlene and Greg said...

Let Ben and Anna Kate paint a mural on the stones - Just kidding:) I'll have to think on that one. And yes, everything takes time if you pay as you go. We just finished our kitchen (well, I still have one little project I want to do)and I thought for 2 years before we acted! I keep telling myself that at least I have a home with running water. I could be living in a hut in Africa.