Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Losing a Tooth


Ben lost his first tooth. When we took him to the dentist in January, she found it. She said give it about a month and it would come out. Sure enough, it did! Sunday morning when he woke up, he said "Mommy, my tooth is even loose". This was kind of in a whine. While he was eating breakfast he was whining too and I thought, "This thing has got to come out soon". After breakfast he went into his room and hollered "Mommy, I pulled my tooth". I really couldn't believe it. Normally, stuff like that freaks him out.


He's really cute with his little tooth missing! He keeps coming up to me and smiling, just so I'll make over how cute he is. On Monday, one of the times he didn't quite get the response he wanted so he said "Mommy why didn't you say how cute I am like you usually do?" Good grief! So, I stopped what I was doing and hugged him and told him how cute his mommy thought he was (for the 25th time that day...okay, I may be exaggerating a little).


2 comments:

Beverly said...

Ben - I think you're rather cute myself. I need to come see that tooth or the absence of your tooth for myself. I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed. I love you.
--Nana

Patty said...

You tell him that his Patty thinks he is mighty cute with that missing tooth too! It just doesn't seem possible that he's old enough to be losing teeth, but, he is adorable!!

Love you all!