Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fly me to Neverland, Peter Pan

So, here's the picture and story I promised. Someone gave us tickets to see Peter Pan as a family. It was a real treat and Ben and Anna Kate were mesmerized. Ben knew it was pretend but Anna Kate was convinced that Peter Pan was real and that he was really flying (a girl actually played the part). After the show, she wanted to meet Peter so I took her over. Rachel, a girl from our church, happened to be there that evening also. She asked Anna Kate if she would like a picture taken and Anna Kate was not willing. She was a little scared of Peter.

We walked to the car and as I buckle her in she starts crying. When I asked her what was wrong she said "Mommy, I want a picture with Peter Pan." I explained to her that I didn't have my camera and that it would probably be impossible to find Rachel and Peter Pan again. I felt so bad for her. She continued to cry on our way home and she asked me "Mommy, when we get home, can we write Peter Pan and Wendy a card?" I said we could so when we got home that was the first thing on her list. So at 11:00 PM we were writing cards to Peter Pan and Wendy. She asked them to please come see her and take her to the park to play.

I decided I would give the letters to a girl at my church to pass them along. She does plays and knew the cast. Peter Pan was playing one last time on Sunday afternoon and the girl's mom told me she had to be at the play that day and asked if I wanted to bring Anna Kate after it was all over and that she would take me to Peter Pan. Well, you know that's what I did! So, Anna Kate got her picture taken with Peter Pan after all and she was very pleased.

2 comments:

sherry said...

The things we do as mommy's but she will never forget it either, nor will you! By the way I love the picture!!!Love ya guys

Patty said...

You are such a great mommy! I guess it helped having some "connections", huh? This is a great picture--Anna Kate looks a little starstruck! :) She's so cute. Love you all!