Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sigh!

Well, it is now 12:19 pm. Ben has been sitting for most of the morning fighting me about school. He is sitting and has been for the past 30 minutes eating his lunch. He won't eat his green beans, so I'm making him sit. I don't force them to eat everything but I do make them eat some veggies. They can even dip it in a sauce of their choice (I taught Colton about ketchup and green beans today! Sorry Marisa!). They just have to eat them.

Some days, I wonder, what in the world am I doing? I've lost my temper more times than I care to admit. Today, I'm in ignore mode. I don't care if it takes him until 8:00 tonight, he'll sit at the table until he gets the green beans eaten and his school work done! EVERYTHING has been a fight today...honestly, I'm tired!

The good news is, at least I'm cool!!!! Our air conditioning is fixed...so at least I can take big deep breaths in nice cool air!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Is Ben still going to be sitting at the table with his green beans when we get there tomorrow? :) I hope the rest of your day went better--I can't imagine what your days must be like--hectic has to be an understatement!! Love ya'

Sharlene and Greg said...

I can so relate to you! Trust me, one of these days you won't have to make them eat. I never thought Micah would be a big eater but that has changed over this last year. Your grocery budget will definitely increase.