Thursday, September 4, 2008

Scott

This weekend Scott is being ordained. He's been trying to do this for several years but it just never happened. Well, it's finally happening. A weekend is being carved out just for this occasion. The church is even having a special service and reception following which is nice. I asked him earlier in the week if he was nervous, because when I think about it, I get nervous. He admitted he is a little nervous. Scott normally doesn't get nervous about a whole lot of things, so it surprised me a little. Maybe it's the fact he'll be asked questions on the spot, or maybe it's the fact attention will be drawn to him, which he doesn't like much, but nonetheless, he's a little nervous. I have been praying for him all week that God will use him this weekend. I know my husband's heart and I know that is his heart's desire in all that he does. So, anyone who reads my blog, say a prayer for him this weekend. Number one, that God will be glorified in the weekend...I can't imagine Scott doing anything else with his life. Number two, that God will give him clarity of mind and calm his spirit. Number three, that our kids will sense the importance of the weekend and be absolute angels. And, lastly, number four, that God will bless Scott in ministry.

He's also getting ready to start in his last year at Tri-State. WOO HOO!!!!! I can't believe it, but in around 9 months, he will finally be graduating. We have prayed about a school for him to apply to for his masters and he will be applying next year to Grace Theological Seminary in Winona Lake, IN. It is very family friendly, which was important to us. Ben and Anna Kate are at such crucial ages and Scott wants to be there for them (and I want him around too). So here we go! He has two classes this semester, so pray for him in that too. He's pretty good at balancing all of it, but he loses sleep in order to do so. Pray for energy!!!

It's been a big year...for all of us!

5 comments:

sherry said...

We miss you all dearly, but very glad that things are going so well for you all. We know Scott is wonderful as is his wife & children. Will be praying for you all for the weekend & year ahead.
Love ya all-
Sherry

Patty said...

Thank Scott for taking time out of his studying, etc. to go apartment hunting with his son, er....I mean with Josh this evening. We really appreciate it. :) We will be praying for his ordination on Saturday-Sunday. I am so very proud of him!! I feel so blessed that God allowed us to have him as our pastor for the 5 years He did--we were blessed by him in ways we'll probably never be able to express. Praying for you Scott, for strength and that you may [continue to] glorify God in all you do. Hugs to you all. I love you so!!!

Joel and Kitty said...

Wish we could be there for the ordination...but CONGRATS!!

Sharlene and Greg said...

I remember being nervous for Greg too. It seems he makes me nervous a lot! I told him he couldn't sing in church anymore because it was too nerve wracking for me. It wasn't that he couldn't sing, it was the fact that he wouldn't memorize the words until the day before! I couldn't take it anymore. Enjoy your weekend. We'll be praying for Scott and Greg will give him moral support. Sorry we can't be there but ministry calls as I'm sure you know.

Jayme G said...

We will be praying for you all this weekend and are so happy that you all are happy. We miss you all like you will never know! God used those 5 years you all were here so much in Josh and I's lives. God used Scott (and you and the kids) to teach us so much! I am so glad that you all are where God wants you, we just wish that God still wanted you here!