Monday, September 8, 2008

What a weekend!

I couldn't wait to get pictures to post something about Scott's ordination this weekend. Saturday morning was difficult. He had around 2 1/2 to 3 hours of questioning by the men on his council but he did a great job, at least, in my opinion. I was very nervous but after it was all said and done, I was so proud of him. I don't even understand why all the nerves. Then Sunday night, wow! It was great! Larry and Mary (and all the others involved) made it such a special night for him, and me...I said in my last entry that Scott had tried to get this accomplished several times before but it never happened. God knew the right timing. All of the details of the night came together so beautifully for him. From the men that were able to be part of it to the place and also this point where Scott is in his life. It was amazing!

The highlights? When his dad was kneeling with him praying for him...what an honor for Scott. Also, the book that was given to him by his Grandad, which belonged to W.W. Skaggs (dated 1895, I think?), Scott's great great grandfather. What a heritage! Lastly, Ben falling asleep and falling off of the pew right after the choir sang! All of it was absolutely perfect!

I'll post more with pictures after my dad gets the pictures on a CD for me.

3 comments:

Patty said...

I'm just so proud of Scott. I'm so happy for you all that God's timing was perfect and it all worked out. Of course, we know that His timing is the best timing, right? I'm still sad that you aren't here, but am so happy for you all that you are so happy where you are. God bless you all so much!!! Hugs for you all...I love you so!

Sharlene and Greg said...

Greg's report was that Scott did a great job. He was really glad to be a part of it. Our kids thought that being ordained meant you got paid more - so not true! Sorry.

Beverly said...

Wasn't it a great time of celebration! God is so good!

Love, Mom