Thursday, September 11, 2008

Scott's Big Weekend in Pictures

There are so many pictures of the weekend, but I tried to choose the highlights. From L to R is Dr. David Warren, Scott's Grandad--Leo Skaggs, our Pastor--Larry Greene, Duane Defoe, Dr. Manfred Langer, my hubby, Scott's dad--John, my uncle--Greg Trout and Barry Smith. Scott thought long and hard about who to have on his council. All of these men have had an influence on Scott since he started in ministry and they are all from different areas of his life. Our Pastor was the moderator but Scott has grown to respect him as well and we both felt honored that he was a part of it! The only other man, not pictured, that has had much influence over Scott's life, is my dad. My dad was there though, offering moral support and, of course, taking pictures!

Now, here is Larry with his usual big smile. I think this was after it was all over. Could the smile be relief?
This is right after the questioning, while they were making the "decision". Mary was giving me the "Don't worry, he did a good job!" I was thankful she was there to offer moral support, along with my mother-in-law Sandi and my mom, dad and grandmother.

Well, since he "passed" we got to have the celebration with our church on Sunday evening. Here is Scott giving his testimony. Isn't he handsome?
Here's Larry giving him a gift from the church after the service. They gave him the Archeological Bible and a very nice set of commentaries. It was such a special night!
Here is what Ben and Anna Kate did most of the service! Thank heavens for pants! This is one reason why I have banned dresses from my closet!


1 comment:

Patty said...

Thanks for the pictures. I so wish I could have been there. I am so proud of Scott too--he is such a special man of God. I will never forget all he meant to us while he was here. I praise God for him. I love the pictures too--seeing them is almost like being there. Love you all--see you tomorrow!!!