Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Outrigger Island

Our VBS was Outrigger Island. Amy and Jerica went all out and it was fantastic. I'm not sure my brain could have even dreamt of the things they pulled off!Here stands Larry and Scott. Larry is our Pastor and Anna Kate can't quit talking about him. I believe she has Larry wrapped around her little finger. We've enjoyed getting to know he and his wife, Mary. Great people!
No introductions needed. Here are my two cuties standing in front of the "active" volcano in the sanctuary.

Ready to get going! I'm ready to rock mom! They had a mini concert every night for the kids.

Here's my friend Amy. Amy is co-director with Jerica in the children's ministries. She calls herself "the business" and Jerica is "the party". Actually, the nicknames are very fitting.

Amy and Jerica even had a pineapple express for the little ones. (Anna Kate called it Pumpkin Pies for a while). They loved it...my vote is to motorize it. It gets quite heavy when you have to pull it! You'll see a picture of all of it below. They even made a track around the gym.


Proof that Ben actually went to class!!!!!! I was very proud of him.
Ben is playing his ukulele. They must have made 200 of these things. Styrofoam plates and paint sticks! Who would have thought!!!!!!
Okay, here's Jerica, "the party". Actually, Scott and I were talking and it seems like all the kids absolutely love both of them! They are both doing a great job!
Anna Kate riding the Pineapple Express! She was having a ball!

Yes, that's a sun with it's tongue sticking out!
I don't know if you can tell, but that's the volcano in the sanctuary.

Here's the waterfall in the gym...they actually had running water coming down into a pool!
All those kids are called the Groove Crew. They do all the dancing and the motions to the songs up front.
All in all, it has been an experience. Ben and Anna Kate are enjoying themselves and, I must say, I've been enjoying myself too. It has been a great way to get to know some people a little better and meet some people I haven't met.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Hi, Jenny!
This is Erin, but maybe you might remember me if I said I'm Bryon's girlfriend that met you at Nathaniel and Kims wedding. Anyways, I check out your blog from time to time because it's a link on Sharlenes, and I just wanted you to know that this VBS is adorable! Ours is this week and it's a racecar theme, but I love the island idea! Looks like everyone is really enjoying themselves.
-Erin

Sharlene and Greg said...

Wow! It looks like you went all out. It's great to see kids enjoying worship and learning about Jesus. We are very proud of your kids.

Patty said...

The VBS loooks like it was lots of fun. Tell Ben that I am so proud of him for going to his class and doing so well. They look adorable beside the volcano. Hope to see you all soon! Hugs to you all!!!