Friday, December 12, 2008

A Stompin' Party

Well, this week Ben did his last worksheet in his kindergarten phonics book. I purposely pushed him on through because he already knew most of it. The door on the right bottom of the page is supposed to be his first grade door. After the first of the year, he'll be doing some first grade work in spelling and reading and phonics. He's actually reading on a third grade level, but I just feel like I need to take him through it just to be sure he understands. Now, look at the pictures below and you'll see his celebration. I let him have a Stompin' Party. He took the kindergarten workbook and did his best to destroy it. All of the pages were out of it so it was just the cover but it was fun for him. We just got him a new book series called "The Magic Treehouse" and so far he really likes it. They are chapter books so it will take him longer than a day to read each of them but he's doing a good job with them so far. I'm looking forward to the new year in school. We are beginning somewhat of a break. Shortened days this week and then two full weeks off before January. Whew!!!!! I must say, I am tired and sometimes a little pushy with him, but I think it's all worth it.









3 comments:

Jayme G said...

I bet that he loved this! I know that my little ninja would love if I voluntarily let him destroy things, especially anything about learning!! I just have to tell you what a great job I think that you are doing with homeschooling just from being at your house the one time and seeing things on your blog. I had not seen many examples of good homeschooling and with an education background had reservations on the whole subject but you have definitely made me see that it can be done in the right hands, a good mommy/teachr and God's!

Patty said...

You go Ben! You are such a smart boy! Working hard has paid off, huh? You get some time off now! Cute pictures, Jennifer. He looks like he is loving destroying those books. He's going like a house afire on this learning thing, huh? I know that it's hard on you, but you are doing such a great job!

Sharlene and Greg said...

The Magic Tree House Books are great. Micah read a lot of them. If he would just read for pleasure now!