Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Loving Sister

I have a rule at my house when Karley and Colton are here. No running! Although I like my house and it's beginning to feel like home, it's not big enough for four kids to run uncontrollably and, believe me, if it starts, it becomes uncontrollable.

So this morning, Ben, even though he knows the rule and why asks me why again. I got a little agitated and said, "Ben, this house is small and with all the toys in the floor, when you all start running, someone inevitably gets hurt. Karley and Colton are under my care while they are here and with four kids, school, lunch, clean up, snack, drinks, diapers, etc. I can't have my eyes on them the whole time. You know the rule and why. I don't want to have to call Aunt Marisa and say 'Sorry Marisa, I was busy doing something and the kids were running and Colton fell and broke his arm'".

Karley, being the helpful and loving sister she is spoke up and said "It's okay if Colton breaks his arm Aunt Jenny. It's just an arm."

2 comments:

Beverly said...

That has to be a classic - a little sister showing much concern for her little brother. My grandchildren are the best....they keep me so entertained.
--Mom

Patty said...

Yeah, well, it's not like he doesn't have another one on the other side! :) Cute story. I really can't imagine what your house must be like during a day. :) You are a wonderful mommy and aunt.