Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action!

We had our Christmas play this past weekend on Friday night and Sunday night. It was titled "Christmas at Bethlehem Gulch". It was really cute and Anna Kate was in her element. The spotlight, singing, a little dancing, a cute cowgirl hat for a cute cowgirl, and ATTENTION! She was absolutely the most adorable thing, especially when she had control of the... microphone! Oh, how she loves a microphone. She really had control of it the second night and you could hear her voice loud and clear over the other kids singing. She is such a diva and such a daddy's girl. I have noticed here lately that she is beginning to try to wrap her daddy. I'm almost positive that it's working. But look at her, how could you not be wrapped?
Then there's my little man. He only agreed to be in the program if he could be Joseph and not say anything or sing. Apparently, he and Mary were very tired and decided to rest. Baby Jesus must have kept them up late the night before. Notice the silver sequin shoes underneath the manger? I didn't know Mary was so stylish...

Well, now, isn't he the cutest Joseph you've ever seen? He is such a great kid. He knows what he's willing to do and not do though. I hope he keeps that resolve as he gets older and doesn't give in to peer pressure. I wouldn't go back to being a kid for anything and I have to force myself not to think of future things with my kids. I'm just trying to enjoy my little cowgirl and Joseph right where they are and continue to pray for them.
Enough bragging on my kids for now. I just can't help myself though! I'm VERY excited to start posting basketball pictures of my little man. He starts in January. Some of you may be very shocked to know that he's going to play basketball...um, well, let's just say, he will probably be the first paid basketball player that is only 6. Yes, I bribed!!!!!!



2 comments:

Patty said...

Love the pictures and the stories of the kids and their reactions to "the spotlight". Isn't it funny how different two kids can be? They are precious!!! Thanks for sharing the stories and the pictures. I do look forward to your posts. And, I'm excited that Ben is going to play basketball. Have Josh practice with him some--it would be good for both of them. :) Love you all!!!

Sharlene and Greg said...

What a cute cowgirl. It is fun to have an actor/actress in the house. You get to see a lot of productions. I hope Ben doesn't do what Micah did his first and only season of soccer. About the 3rd game he came over to us on the sidelines and said he wanted to be done. He meant the season. Needless to say, he didn't play soccer again.