Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Party and Great Elves!!!!

The Christmas party for the kids was tonight at church. Let me go ahead and say that Ben stayed at home with Nana (long story that proves I really am a nut!!!!!), so you won't see any pictures of him. However, Anna Kate was there.

Now, I have to say that Scott and I have never really pushed Santa Claus. It's not that we think he's from Satan, and we don't tell the kids it's evil, but we have always told the kids that he's just pretend but that we can have fun with it at Christmas. Well, "Santa" was at the party. Anna Kate made me sit with her and when he asked her what she wanted she said in a very sweet voice "A purple bunny."

A couple of months ago she had asked for a white bunny, so I started searching sites on the internet for the PERFECT white bunny with a pink nose. I found it...but now she thinks Santa is bringing her a purple one! We got in the car to come home and she asked "Mommy, when will Santa come?" She also asked "Mommy, can Santa see my room?" and "How will he get in our house?" and "Can I have my picture made with Santa at our house?". I asked her "So, do you think he's bringing you a purple bunny?" She said "Yes." Now, despite our many efforts to be sure our kids knew he was make believe, she now believes he's real and that he will somehow figure out where she is on Christmas Eve to bring her a purple bunny!

When I got home, "Santa" got on the internet and searched "purple stuffed bunny" and, of course, "Santa" found one for $3.00..."Santa" can't help it!!!! She's pretty much bought out at this point! So, yes, Anna Kate will have a purple bunny. One day I will look back at this and remember her eyes when she saw the purple bunny and be so happy that I could make her that happy with something so simple! Is it spoiling? Maybe so... Now, for the rest of the party! We had great elves there from Santa's workshop. This is Matt Curry. He's pulling the Taxi. That's Anna Kate in the front...I think he had the hardest job!
I'm not sure what Anna Kate was telling this elf, but I'm wondering if it was about a purple bunny!
The elf from the toy store, helping the kids make a toy. Yes, Patty, that's your boy!!!! Divin' right in!

When I took the picture below, I asked "Josh, you don't care if I blog this so your mom can see it, right?" He smiled and said "No". I think he knows that I'm a whole lot like his mother...you never let a photo op pass you by!!!!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Thanks so much for blogging pictures of my "baby"...haha. He really is a great sport anymore. Thanks for the story about Anna Kate and her purple bunny. I don't think there's every anything wrong with a little "magic" in a kids life. And, if it's thinking there is a Santa, well.....it can just be fun. Those times go by so quickly--treasure those little opportunities to spoil them a little. You'll never be sorry that you did. :) I love your family so! Take care.

Jayme G said...

What a great baby brother I have! He has just become "uncle Josh" to the whole church! And about Anna Kate, I watch Bryce this year and it is so hilarious. It is almost like they WANT to believe no matter what they hear or see. And I believed Santa was real until I was like 10 and I think I turned out okay! She will have so much fun this Christmas and this Santa has been done buying for Bryce like 10 times and just finds "one more thing" that will make his face light up! I am so excited to watch him this Christmas, that is the best gift that I will get this Christmas!