Saturday, July 5, 2008

Tennessee Trip

We went to Tennessee over July 4 weekend to see very good friends, David and B.J. Ayers, and their girls, Katie and Hannah. We went to the Knoxville Zoo on Thursday and here are the girls posing with Ben and Anna Kate for a picture. I met the Ayers in 1993 when I met Scott and Hannah was just a few months old and Katie was around 2. B.J. quickly became a very good friend and we've been friends ever since. David and B.J. were going to River Cities up until November of last year when they moved. We sure do miss them but love going to visit!
Anna Kate and Ben both love the girls. Anna Kate, especially because they are teenagers and she thinks she's just like them. They are great girls!
We were in a building full of bugs, frogs and other such "lovely" creatures in this picture. This crazy girl is holding a hissing cockroach on her hand. You really couldn't pay me enough to do that!!!! Ben kept his distance, but he was fascinated!

Anna Kate LOVES B.J. Anna Kate wanted to be with B.J. all day at the zoo and B.J. obliged!
One of my favorite pictures!
After the zoo, we went with the Ayers to a community celebration for July 4. I just thought Ben was cute here. He's being Sonic. He loves to have his picture taken in character...I usually have to request that Ben show up for pictures if I want one of Ben being Ben.

On Friday morning, when we got up, B.J. was making puffed french toast. It was delicious!!!! I think I might have gained a few pounds while there!

David and B.J. have a Golden Retriever named Zoe. She is such a sweet dog, but it took until the day we were leaving for Ben to actually pet her. She is so laid back but Anna Kate and Ben were terrified of her. Then after Ben realized she was a good dog, he was willing. The poor pup had to stay tied up most of the weekend because Anna Kate was terrified. Sorry Zoe!!!!!
David and B.J. bought the kids umbrellas at an outlet mall in Pigeon Forge and when we got ready to leave Sat. morning, the kids were very excited because it was raining out. HOwever, by the time we left, the weather was clear. They still opened their umbrellas from porch to car. Then every time we stopped to potty, get a drink, or eat on the way home, they had to use their umbrellas! I must say, I have never seen such fascination with an umbrella!
We had a great time and will plan on going back soon. Thanks for a great weekend to David, B.J., Katie and Hannah! We love you!

3 comments:

Patty said...

Great post--great pictures. I would agree with you--I love that picture of Ben and Scott. You need to make that a big one and frame it somewhere. Actually, it made me cry--I'm feeling tired and emotional this evening and I saw that picture and cried. (I'm so weird, I know!) We love you all and miss you.

Sharlene and Greg said...

Thanks for keeping up on your blog. I love looking at what you are doing. Too bad I'm not as good. My camera broke so I have to go make a CD of my latest pictures before I can post them. I also like taking pictures from behind. It captures a sweet moment.

Joel and Kitty said...

Hey Jennifer! I love your blog and I loved being around you this weekend! xoxo kitty