Monday, October 20, 2008

A Great Fall Day!

I love fall! Fall is my favorite season. I'm not sure why, but I love it. Saturday was a great day. We spent some time in the yard playing in the leaves and carving pumpkins. We have two great trees in our front yard and the leaves are filling the yard! We got our rakes and the kids had fun helping rake up the leaves and then they played in them. Our neighbor offered her leaf blower and I declined saying "Oh, we're not really cleaning them up, we're just having fun!" I know, weird...all the leaves we raked are still in the yard.

After we played in the leaves, Scott carved the pumpkins for the kids. He has to be quite creative because Ben doesn't always just want the normal face. The pumpkin has to have a certain expression.

In this picture, Scott is trying to understand how Anna Kate wants her pumpkin's face...
Master carver at work...
The carver's work being scrutinized by two very important people....
Anna Kate LOVED playing in the leaves! I love this picture! Her expression priceless!
I made Ben stop playing superhero just so I could get this shot of him. While we were outside, he played in the leaves with his swords. Of course, he was not Ben...

Look at this cute thing! Is she not precious? I know she's mine, but I can't help but think she's the prettiest little girl I have ever seen!
Here is Ben in his "role". Don't ask who he was because I have NO idea! He was a turtle, sonic, batman or someone from Star Wars. I can't keep up!

2 comments:

Sharlene and Greg said...

It must be a man thing to carve pumpkins. Greg always does ours. I miss the leaf jumping days. Greg and I would look silly doing that without the kids!!!

Patty said...

You're right she is one adorable little lady. That young man of yours is very handsome also. I was wondering if we were going to see the finished product of Dad's handiwork on those pumpkins?? It looked like he was doing some pretty intricate work there. Maybe he should consider surgery as a side job?? hehe...adorable pictures of the kids in the leaves..I love those.