Thursday, October 9, 2008

Deep Theology

On the way to choir practice this evening here was my conversation with Anna Kate:

Anna Kate: Mommy, how does God see everyone?

Me: Well, there are some awfully big words that describe that but just know that God is so much bigger than us and it's something we can't really understand right now.

Anna Kate: Does He have six eyes?



A conversation with Ben the other day about playing with Penelope:

Me: Ben, you really need to go out and play with Penelope. She's probably a little lonely out there.

Ben: But mom, I don't like it when she jumps on me.

Me: I would really like for you to go out there and play with her a little.

(I walk into the next room and Ben follows me...)

Ben: Mom, I think God is telling me to go out there and play with Penelope. So, I'm going to.

Me: Well, that's good...how do you know God is telling you that?

Ben: I just sensed that was what He was telling me.

4 comments:

Patty said...

You have some deep thinking kids there lady! :) Do you think that God's voice (to Ben) sounds a little like Mommy? hehe...he is so funny. I just have to tell you that when Josh was in first grade, he was sick and couldn't go to school. He was upset about it because he said he was "omnipresent"--he meant he hadn't missed any days yet. Hm...go figure!! Love you all.

Jayme G said...

You can tell Anna Kate that according to Bryce it is because he has "bideo" baby monitors! We had this discussion not long ago! He thinks God sees him on his monitor!! Funny kids!

Sharlene and Greg said...

If only we would all sense God like that and then do what He asks! I love the way kids reason. It is so refreshing.

KCH said...

We're dying here!! Those quotes are tooooo cute! xoxo