Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Reception

Here are some pics from the reception that our church threw for Scott Sunday evening. Honestly, being the center of attention is not my forte, but it was soooo nice! The ladies worked so hard and there was such a good turn out. So supportive and generous! We had a really good time and was actually a whole lot better than the graduation itself! Thanks to Larry and Mary especially...they have been so great to us, well, the whole church has. But it means so much to work for and with Larry and Mary. I think all four of us are quickly becoming good friends. It's so nice! So, enjoy the pics. I think my dad took around 600 pictures over the weekend, but these are the highlights from the reception, I guess. At the end, I put one from graduation that I absolutely LOVE. You'll see why once you get to the end.

Cheesecake! They had regular cake too that had the crest of the school on it. Even though Scott and I are different in many ways, dessert and homes are two ways we are very similar! We've always had the same taste in homes and how to decorate and also dessert! Two staples of life!!!!!
Ben's little buddy Christian...the thing about these two is that they both LOVE to talk. They both try to outdo one another and can be pretty comical!

Mark and Debbie Bandy...a sweet couple. He sings in the choir with me and does a great job!

Jim Rowe, one of the deacons. He has had so many health problems but he remains so faithful.
This is Daniel and Gina Booth, Christian's dad and mom. Let me tell you, Gina is so helpful to me. Sometimes she comes and picks up Ben and she take Ben and Christian EVERYWHERE or they just stay at home and play. It kind of helps me in my day. It gives me a little conversation, but also, gives me one less kid to care for, even though he's mine.

Well, I was hoping you would be able to see the pics in the collage they made, but they are kind of hard to see. There were actually two. It was quite nostalgic looking through all those old pics. There were pics of my papaws who are with Jesus now and pics of Tay and Erin when they were little. Then there were pics of my babies...sniff, sniff.

This is Rachel Greene. She is one of Larry and Mary's daughters. Anna Kate and Ben LOVE this girl! She spoils them a bit, I think! I think this girl has run more laps around the church for them than any one person has walked around the loop of the church. Anna Kate's eyes literally light up when she sees Rachel.

Dave Calvert and Tim Stover. Dave is the husband of our Life Skills Director and is over our most of our prayer ministries, if not all. Tim is married to Kristen and they are expecting their first little one soon! They are such a sweet couple!


This is Art and Carolyn Dean. Such a sweet couple. I think my dad had her in school while he was teaching at Mid-Americal. That was the school that was at River Cities a very long time ago.

Scott and his dad. We love our Pop!!!!!

The girl in the middle is Michelle Protzman, our youth leader. She's great at it! The man is Bill Black and he's the one that heads up the missions trip to Mexico every year. His daughter and son-in-law has a little girl around the age of one and she's now pregnant with twins!!!!! The whole family is so excited and I have to say, Bill is one wrapped Papaw!

This is our Pastor, Larry, serving the cake. I was going to serve it but he insisted that I go and enjoy! He and Mary are so not about themselves. I think I have said this before, but Scott and Larry are so much alike.

The girl standing there in the black is Kristen Stover, her husband's pic is above. The other is Emily Reynolds. Emily comes to see me every now and then and her company is so welcome and FUN! She can sing too...we love having her back!
Here is just a random shot of Anna Kate that I thought was funny. She makes this face sometimes when her picture is being taken. I can't quite figure out what it means...

Here we are talking to Lisa Rhoades. Her husband coached Ben's Upward basketball team and did a great job. Ben keeps telling me that Coach Randy is going to coach him next year. Although I don't know if that will be the case, it still shows how much Ben liked him.

Going through the line for food. They had us go first...I was a little embarrassed but the food was great!!!!!!!

Patsy Escue, my granny and Shawna Rocknich. Patsy Escue and her husband, Charlie have been around from the beginning, even before the church was RCCC. Shawna is a very sweet girl. She was in my Bible study this past year and I enjoyed getting to know her.

Beth Calvert...our Life Skills Coordinator. She and Scott work pretty closely together planning the curriculum for the small groups. She also came and helped me to paint Ben and Anna Kate's room. Sweet lady!

Scott's mom and dad. I was so glad they were able to come to the reception. I think Anna Kate and Mimi are getting after Pop for something. I can tell by the pointed finger and the look on Mimi's face. Anna Kate and Ben LOVE their Pop and Mimi! They especially love when they have all their grandparents together in one place...spoiling, spoiling, spoiling!!!!!

Here we are holding the cake...they really did think of EVERYTHING!

What a spread!
I love the pink punch and boy was it YUMMY!!!!!

This is Bobby and Wanda Hall. They are a homeschool family and hae three kids. Sweet as they can be!!!!!!! The whole family! Bobby and Wanda are "mentoring" us unoffically in child discipline. Thanks Bobby and Wanda...you guys have been such an encouragement!

Here's the pic I love. Grandad and Scott. I love this generational thing. Grandad has been right there on so many of our big days and has been actively involved. We love you Grandad!

Well, that was just some of the highlights. I could have taken hours to post pics, but don't have that kind of time. Thanks to everyone who was involved this past weekend!

1 comment:

Sharlene and Greg said...

Congratulations, Scott. What a great milestone to celebrate. We know how hard it is to work in the ministry, be a husband and father, and go to school. You did good!!!