Monday, May 4, 2009

Graduation Day

Here is Scott and the kids with the sign we made for Scott. It has been up for several days...I do believe the rain is taking it's toll. We are just so proud of him we wanted everyone to know.
Here is Scott and his dad at dinner. There is a little Mexican restaraunt about a minute from our house and we LOVE it. Of course, keep in mind how much Scott LOVES chips and salsa. We had a good time with our families that evening.

Here he is walking in. I just can't believe we, er, I mean he is done! Granted, he'll be going on to Liberty, but this is just such a milestone. Fourteen years ago, I never would have dreamed that he would turn out the man he is. Not that he wasn't a good man then, but my how he has changed....for the better!

Here is just a few of the men from his graduating class. There were only 11 graduates. God blessed us so with having a Bible college so close to us. Especially a Bible college with good teachers. Scott has grown so much in the last fourteen years. We are also extremely thankful that he was able to go to school while applying it in ministry instead of going to school for four years and graduating with a degree that gave him knowledge that he didn't know how to use. Not that we considered any of the ministries he has been involved in a trial and error ministry, rather, as he learned he was able to apply it to ministry, especially in the later years. I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised how many times God orchestrated things to Scott's advantage in that. He would tell me over and over how things were connecting to classes he was taking. That was a God thing!!!!!
Our God is amazing and I'm so thankful He has seen fit to use us. Even though we may feel inadequate or as if we can't be used, God proves faithful always. We have gained so many friends through ministry...and to think my stubborness could have ruined all of that! Thanks to God that He changed my heart regarding full-time ministry! The blessings we could have missed!
I'll post other pictures later from the reception at our church last night and talk about that then. Dad has those and I'm waiting to get them from him.



2 comments:

Patty said...

Congratulations to you and Scott. I know that it has been a long haul, but oh, so worth it. I'm sorry that you and Scott have had to go through some of the trials of the ministry--if I could have changed those times, I certainly would have. I often wish God had chosen a different path for you all, but He didn't and we know that His will and His plans are the best. I am so thankful for the things I was able to learn from Pastor Scott and for the friendship we have--with Christ being the common denominator. I love you all so much....and miss you all tremendously. Congrats again Pastor Scott.

littletoesandcheerios said...

That's so awesome. What an accomplishment.