Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Slow but sure....

Here is the porch with the rails and lattice down...


Here we are in the process of taking the boards off the porch. Scott and I worked ALL day on this. It was a hard job and I have to say, we work well together. I think we could work together daily...we are complete opposites so we generally stay out of each others way.
Next you see the frame to the porch. We had to quit for the day so we had to step over the frame to get in the front door until the next evening. I think our neighbors are probably wondering just how weird we are.

And...here it is...the stoop. It matches the house and I actually think it's going to work! We still have a ways to go. We have to put up rails, plant grass and get all the gravel up, but I definitely have a vision now! Now if I can just be patient as we try to work when Scott has time and around rain!

3 comments:

Sharlene and Greg said...

It looks like thins are coming along. An easy, cosmetic fix for the stones could be to paint them so they won't look so bad. Greg and I have thought but can't come up with anything creative. Post pictures with your finished work.

thumms said...

I think it looks great! Brian and I do not work so well together...we are both stubborn--and right!

littletoesandcheerios said...

Very nice. I didn't know Scott was so handy. Looks good.