Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Boyfriend?

Anna Kate came to me after AWANA tonight and told me she had a boyfriend. I asked her who...here is the conversation...

AK - Mommy, I have a boyfriend.

Me - Who is it?

AK - It's Riley.

Me - Daddy will punch him in the nose.

AK - No!!!!!!

Me - You better not hold his hand.

AK - Okay..........(hesitation) well, I did.

Scott looked at me a little slumped over...

Me - Anna Kate, you held his hand? (My tone here was panicked. I know it's just hand holding but I am definitely not ready for that!!!! She's only four!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

AK - Well, yeah, when we played Ring Around the Rosie...

Scott felt much better...

3 comments:

Sharlene and Greg said...

That's hilarious but I bet she will still keep Scott on his toes!

thumms said...

HA HA!!! I love it--that's hillarious!!

Beverly said...

Only my girl could come with that.....but one day it will be definite hand holding - oh my!